Last Updated on April 29, 2020 by Monica Nelson
Hi! Moni here with another vegan recipe for you to try – my easy crispy rice squares.
As you can tell by the name, it’s an easy (and also healthy) treat that everyone, from kids to adults, will LOVE to eat. Trust me, when I make these, they’re gone within the day.
When I say healthy, I don’t mean you should eat these daily. It’s still quite high in sugar, but swapping it out for your usual candy bar is definitely a good idea.
And best of all, it’s completely natural and vegan.
No Marshmellows…unless you’re feeling a lil’ naughty
To keep My Easy Crispy Rice Squares recipe as health as possible, you’ll notice that there are no marshmallows included.
But if you’re feeling a lil’ naughty and want a real cheat snack, then feel free to throw some vegan marshmellows into the mix…you only live once, am I right?!
In fact, you can freestyle with my recipe as much as you like. Let me know in the comments section if any of you have managed to improve on my recipe – I’m always open to hearing about how to improve my recipes.
Anyway, without keeping you waiting any longer, check out my tasty recipe below…
My Most Popular Post:
Moni’s Easy (Vegan) Crispy Rice Squares Recipe
- 1/2 cup good quality maple syrup (you can swap this for brown rice syrup or agave nectar if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup cashew, or peanut, or almond butter
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- Optional Extra: Vegan Marshmellows
- Start by greasing an 8×8 baking tray
- Melt your nut butter on the hob or in a microwave with maple syrup (or other syrup of choice)
- Add your crispy brown rice cereal into a bowl and pour your nut butter and syrup mixture over.
- Make sure to mix well.
- Place the mixture from the bowl into the baking tray and firmly press into place (it’s very important that you press the mixture into place).
- Afterwards, place the baking tray into your fridge or freezer and wait until it sets.
- Once the mixture is set, divide into portions and enjoy!
Let me know how you get on!
I LOVE giving my readers recipes to try, and I also really enjoy hearing what you think after trying my recipes out too.
So let me know what you think in the comments section below!
As mentioned, you shouldn’t be eating these everyday – much like how I wouldn’t recommend someone eat chocolate bars everyday. However, they’re sure to provide you with a great vegan treat when you fancy something sweat.
And since you know that everything is completely natural in this recipe, you don’t have to worry about putting anything synthetic and nasty into your body.
Thanks again for checking out one of my recipes!